These days, it seems everyone is talking about how off balance everything is: from the economy, and business, to politics and everything else under the sun. But sometimes, it’s we ourselves who are off balance. And before we try to lead anyone else, we must first focus on leading ourselves. In this CityLead session, we are talking about how to coach yourself so you can go on and help others.
To begin learning how to lead ourselves, we must first focus on three things: our thoughts, actions, and emotions.
- Think About Your Thoughts. Remember, just because we think something, that doesn’t mean it’s true. We must learn to identify our irrational thoughts and replace them with reality.
- Monitor Your Behaviors. Circumstances are always changing around us. No matter the circumstance, we must behave positively. It may help to remember: What you do is not what you are.
- Regulate Your Emotions. Too many people are controlled by their emotions. But if we are to lead anyone, including ourselves, we must learn to control our emotions before they control us.
Next in this CityLead session, we’ll focus on the negative: what NOT to do if we want to learn how to lead ourselves.
Five Things Not to Do
1. Don’t focus on things you can’t control.
2. Don’t give away your power.
3. Don’t worry about pleasing everyone.
4. Don’t be afraid of taking calculated risks.
5. Don’t dwell on the past.
Leading ourselves isn’t just about making ourselves better just for the sake of it. The reason for coaching ourselves is not just to help ourselves, but to help those around us. This is what CityLead is all about.
If you would like to learn more about CityLead or want to find out about hosting your own CityLead gathering, contact email@example.com.